Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Return Journey......

That day I was chatting with one of my friend in US. Whenever we talk he does not forget to say that he always wants to return to India. But he is still in US. And it is not about those people who are in US. Even for those who come to metros like Delhi/Mumbai are also say this same thing. Everybody wants to do something for his/her home state or country. But the main question is how many has actually done that?

The situation is same in my case also. Whenever someone ask me what is your future plan. The answer is that “I will return to Assam”. But frankly speaking I don’t know when that day will come.

Why are we not able to do that? Is that we are not confident enough that we will be able to survive in our own place? Or is that situation in those places not that conductive to return.

I don’t know. I don’t have the answer. But I know that, at least fifty percent of people, who are away from his/her home state/country, wants to return and wants to do something for their motherland. Can someone give me the answer?

2 comments:

Bagdevi Mishra said...

After reading this post, I know, I have the answer to your question, you too know the answer, just that we do not accept the fact that we know the reason of why we are unable to return to our roots..

Harshita Hajela said...

It is so true. Home and motherland become temporary once you leave them. Only where we are today remains momentarily permanent.